Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Deployment time

Hi all,

I have 4 Firepower devices: 2 FTD 2130 and 2 ASA5525x with Firepower module which are managed by FMC. All software are in 6.2.3.7 version. The problem is deployment time. While SFR modules take appx 4mins to deploy FTD HA Pair is deployment nearly 6-7 minutes which is effecting my work. What is you advise? Which version is faster and stable?

PS:. FMC is virtual. 16RAM and 8 CPU

4 Replies 4

this depends what and how long your configuration on FMC you pushing toward your sensor ASA and the FTD. when you make the changes the whole script at the back end  of the FMC is generated and pushing the configration to end end devices. This is a normal behavior.

please do not forget to rate.

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,
It depend upon the number of access rules you binded to the firewall. We can expect improvement in deployment time on future releases. As of now Cisco suggested release is 6.2.3.10. But that doesn't improve the deployment time.

Hope This Helps
Abheesh

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

6.3 and 6.4 have both improved deployment times. Up to 50% better as compared to 6.2.x.

TAC is continuing to recommend 6.2.3.x as the most stable release but 6.3.0.3 is looking pretty good. 6.4.0.1 is still pretty new and not as widely deployed so I would hold off on it if you're at all risk averse.

I've deployed several 6.4.0.1 updates to multiple customers, and they do speed up the deployment process substantially vs. the previous releases as you're referring to. Haven't run into any showstopping bugs either.

Best regards,
Michael
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card