cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC how to turn off connection events for URL added to Global-Blacklist-for-URL

FGR
Level 1
Level 1

I added a few URL's to the Global-Blacklist-for-URL in FMC.

Now I get too many connection events with reason  "URL Block" 

Is there a setting turning off this type of event?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the rest of your Access Control Policy entries, you may be able to put in an initial rule that's designed just to block the traffic based on URL filtering (as opposed to picking it up on the Security Intelligence (SI) blacklist) and not enable logging for that rule.

As long as you are catching it via SI I think it's going to generate connection events. You can of course filter those events from your display; but they will still be logged.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the rest of your Access Control Policy entries, you may be able to put in an initial rule that's designed just to block the traffic based on URL filtering (as opposed to picking it up on the Security Intelligence (SI) blacklist) and not enable logging for that rule.

As long as you are catching it via SI I think it's going to generate connection events. You can of course filter those events from your display; but they will still be logged.

I was a little afraid we had to buy an URL license when using an URL rule in an Access Control Policy. This is not the case, and this works!

So in this case we should remove URL From SI and add that URL in URLFilter right ?

Yes, that's what I did.

(1) Create Blocking Access Rule for URLs with event-log off (see attachment)

(2) Remove them from Objects -> Object Management -> Security Intelligence -> URL Lists and Feeds -> Global-BlackList-for-URL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card