cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC patch update 6.4.0.8

ryan14
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the latest patch for 6.4 on my fmc and it said successful but after a reboot it always shows 6.4.0.7, is that expected or should it say 6.4.0.8?

I had no issues upgrading from 6.4.0.4 to 6.4.0.7.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is TAC's response:

Different than the Patch, installed hotfix will not show up in the User Interface.  In order to verify if the last installed package, please access the FMC via SSH and collect the output of the command “sudo rpm -qa --last”.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

If you login from the CLI does it show the correct patch version? E.g

2.PNG

If it's correct on the CLI could it just be cached in the web browser?

HTH

Yeah it says 6.4.0.7 as well in the terminal window. I'll reach out to TAC. Wasn't sure if anyone else had same issue.

Cisco has been inconsistent with the hotfix numbering. They sometimes give it a number that implies a patch release (i.e. incrementing the last ordinal in the release number) as opposed to only appending a letter designator to the patch release the hotfix is forked from.

When they do that it typically doesn't update either the GUI or cli. You have to dig into the logs to even confirm the hotfix is applied. 

Here is TAC's response:

Different than the Patch, installed hotfix will not show up in the User Interface.  In order to verify if the last installed package, please access the FMC via SSH and collect the output of the command “sudo rpm -qa --last”.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card