Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC renewal

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Dears

i want to renew subscription of TAMC for ASA5525 with firepower services, i have 2 no's with active and standby fail over, when we installed new at that time i purchased a virtual FMC for 2 devices now it is a renewal time do i have to do any renewals for FMC also, ??? becz in FMC i don't see any serial number

Please suggest.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You renew my letting your reseller know you want to renew the contract.

For instance, an FMC VM has a support contract line item like "CON-ECMUS-SFMMCVWK". That support contract SKU has a term (normally 1, 3 or 5 years).

Your reseller can check the Cisco system to see the exact date the term ends and create a sales order to extend it. Once you purchase it, the extension is entered into the system and your contract is "renewed".

That's the most common way it works. Your experience may vary due to differences in how you purchase and renew. In either case, your local reseller should be able to assist you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your FMC license is not term-based. You can run it indefinitely using the initial license.

It does generally have an associated support contract. You can renew that to extend your access to TAC support and software update entitlement.

Dear Marvin,

You can renew that to extend your access to TAC support and software update entitlement.

i didn't understood the above sentence, how i can renew ??

You renew my letting your reseller know you want to renew the contract.

For instance, an FMC VM has a support contract line item like "CON-ECMUS-SFMMCVWK". That support contract SKU has a term (normally 1, 3 or 5 years).

Your reseller can check the Cisco system to see the exact date the term ends and create a sales order to extend it. Once you purchase it, the extension is entered into the system and your contract is "renewed".

That's the most common way it works. Your experience may vary due to differences in how you purchase and renew. In either case, your local reseller should be able to assist you.

thanks Marvin,
i researched on Cisco website this is the only way for the renewal.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card