cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Rest API - Intrusion Rules

GarySLear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a customer with two virtual FMC appliances which obviously dont support native HA, and the underlying hypervisor also doesnt have any failover mechanisms, and will never have this. As a workaround i thought about using the RestAPI with Python to download "stuff" from the first FMC and upload to the second FMC.

I have this working for all objects and groups of objects.

My issue is that i cant see a way to get the Intrusion policies with the tuned rules within them from the api, it (the api) only seems to allow access to the higher level policy details, also even if i did manage to get them, im not sure the PUT method is available for Intrusion policies.

Alternatively, is there any way to schedule an export of the policies automatically like with backups, i cant use a backup as i said they are separate devices. I ultimately want to avoid human error and replication of changes between the two boxes. I do understand the need and have DR process for this already, but just to make this easier for daily adds, moves and changes i would like to automate the replication of policy to the second box.

Any other ideas are welcome.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card