Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Security Intelligence Cisco Feeds not seen

h.dam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring my company FMC security intelligence part. But in the available objects tab, I didn't see the Cisco feed objects as: Malware, Phishing, Bots, etc.

Any one can help me?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have a smart license account, you might be able to use a Satellite server. It will act as a Proxy between the Firepower device and Internet. Checkout Registration of a Firepower Management Center to a Smart License Satellite Server for more info

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Have you checked that your FMC can connect to the intelligence feed? You can ssh into the FMC and do a 

"sudo telnet intelligence.sourcefire.com 443" to verify that you are able to connect.

Here is a link to a troubleshooting guide for security intelligence Troubleshoot Security Intelligence 

Sorry, I forgot to explain that my FMC is installed in a LAB environment. So its impossible to go outside to internet.
In this case, how can I get the mentionned Cisco intelligence feeds ?

Make sure you have Base/IPS license added to FMC and applied to the device, FMC should be able to download the latest updates.

I have Protection, Malware and Control licenses for my IPS.
I forgot to say that FMC is impossible to go outside because it is in Lab.
I did my updates manually.

Hi,
You need to connect to internet to get the SI updates and feeds.

HTH
Abheesh

If you have a smart license account, you might be able to use a Satellite server. It will act as a Proxy between the Firepower device and Internet. Checkout Registration of a Firepower Management Center to a Smart License Satellite Server for more info

Thank you for your reply.
I don't have a smart account. But I am studying your satellite solution as alternative one.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card