Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC-Unable to View Public AMP Cloud

VamsiKrishna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am running FMC 6.2.3.4 which can reach internet  but it is unable to show public AMP Cloud (US, EU and APJC) in FMC GUI(AMP-> AMP Management). It shown None as AMP Cloud.

Please help me to sort it out.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you added your AMP instance into FMC? Until you do that, FMC will not show the AMP cloud on its own.

Hi Marvin,
You mean that we need to add AMP Instance even for AMP Public Cloud ?
If yes , Please help me with that.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In FMC, go to AMP > AMP Management and "Add AMP Cloud connection" (button on top right). 

Hello, 

You are saying about the AMP for Endpoints Private  Cloud. But I am looking for AMP for Networks which is connected to US Cloud (Public) by default. But I am not able to list Public Cloud(APJC,US and EU) in dropdown rather it shows None.I have attached the screenshot of image for your reference.

Ah OK I see what you're saying. That looks odd indeed - you should be able to select from among the US, EU and APJC clouds. I don't see any documented bug on that function.

I'd recommend you go ahead and open a TAC case on it. They will likely recommend you upgrade to a more current release like 6.2.3.11 or they may have records of an unpublished bug that you are encountering.

Hi Marvin,

Ok, will check that .

Is there anyway to check if AMP cloud is blocked by ISP provider?

Hi Marvin,

Ok, will check that .

Is there anyway to check if AMP cloud is blocked by ISP provider?

The required addresses and ports for the various cloud-based servers are listed in this technote:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-amp-appliances/118121-technote-sourcefire-00.html

This one has useful tips on how to check reachability from the cli using curl:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/117997-technote-firesight-00.html

Try using that technique (substituting the Cloud Server listed for Firepower from the first document).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card