Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD/FMC Supported Functions

Fantas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I came to know that below two functions are not supported by FTD/FMC.

Can anyone please have some details, what are these used for

- Outbound content filtering
- Caching

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a "sensitive data detection" feature that you can you for outbound content filtering.

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v60/Sensitive_Data_Detection.html

FMC does caching of some things like disposition of URLs (thus not having to do an Internet lookup every time a new one is encountered). What specifically are you asking about?

Thanks,

Actually I asked Cisco whats not supported on firepower FTD2100 NGFWs and they came to me that these below functions are not supported so I wana make sure what these are about.

What services are covered under these two functions, I can see FMC does caching for URLs but not whats this below caching is about i.e. not supported and same for outbound content filtering as we can filter based on URLs and control APP through SSL inspection but not whats this outbound content filtering is about.

- Outbound content filtering

- Caching

I'm not exactly sure what whoever you asked is referring to. Perhaps you would be better off following up with them.

Thanks,

Yes checking with Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card