Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD upgrade process along with FXOS on Firepower 9300

Ji-Won Park
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question in regards to the Firepower upgrade process. 

I upgraded my Firepower appliance 9300 FXOS image to 2.2(2.17). I have one FTD, running 6.2.0.362; this FTD came back up fine after FXOS image upgrade. However, I have another FTD with 6.1.0.330 and it turned itself off once Firepower booted up with the new 2.2(2.17) image. I noticed that FTD 6.1.0 image is not supported with FX 2.2(2.17) image.

Is there a way to upgrade one FTD image in my appliance? I don't want to roll back the whole upgrade process to address the issue...

Your help is greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As a work around you can delete the old and deploy a new logical device using the updated FTD version. Then register it to your FMC and re-deploy the policies to it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ji-Won Park
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think there's a way to do it from 2.2(2.17). I chose to downgrade the standby one, and upgrade the FTD module that was in 6.1.x. Now both modules are in 6.2, ready to take 2.2(2.17). Wasted quite a bit of time.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As a work around you can delete the old and deploy a new logical device using the updated FTD version. Then register it to your FMC and re-deploy the policies to it.

Yup that would work. 

I just downgraded, upgraded the sensor and upgrade FXOS again. 

I think your way would save more time. :) 

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card