Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generate report for existing firewall rules

I need to extract the rules which can be disabled on my firewall.

Additionally number of rules which has been put to regulate traffic flow between each existing region from last one year.

Can anyone help me with the information or any link with which I can generate the same from the Firepower management center.

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

What version of FMC are you running?
If you go into your ACP menu, you'll have a button"Analyze Hit counts".
Then a popup window open up at the bottom of the page, you select AC (Access Control), and you'll be able to generate a PDF of the results.
If you want to export rules themselves, you'll need to use API calls because there isn't any other export methods.

Is that what you're looking for?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Its 4500. I cannot find the mentioned tabs. 

The "Hit counts" feature for access control and prefilter rules was only added in Firepower Management Center release 6.4.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/640/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-640/features.html

Which version are you running because as mentionned by @Marvin Rhoads, only available on version 6.4 and +
That's why I asked what version of FMC you're running as 1st question :-)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Its 6.4 v

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card