cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I provide more RAM for the asa-5506-x of the virtual FirePower machine and how can i tune mysql?

Andre Weissflog
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo.

The ASA 5506-X has 4 GB of RAM and 2 GB of it is allocated to the FirePower software.
This is too little, the MySQL database needs a lot, memory has to be swapped out to the swap partition.
I don't need 2GB RAM for the ASA software.
So how can I allocate more memory to the FirePower virtual machine (QEMU/KVM)?
And how can I tune MySQL?

Sincerely yours
Andre
3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andre-

These resources are not adjustable. If you need more resources, you should look at upgrading your appliance. For instance, the Firepower 1010 comes with 8 GB of RAM. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi there. That is probably the official answer. Unofficially or technically, it should be possible. When I was upgrading, I saw which scripts were running. Some of them concerned kvm attitudes. It's just a Linux system. But reverse engineering is not allowed, so I officially ask here. Sincerely yours A. Weißflog

Yes, you are absolutely correct, at the end of the day, you have expert (Root) access so you can do a lot of unofficial tweaks/configs. This can lead to issues and unexpected behavior and will not be supported by TAC. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card