cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I rename the Firepower Management Center hostname

jaestes
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the hostname of the FMC.  Currently the hostname is firepower-02.  Changing the name from the GUI -> System -> Configuration -> Information does not change the hostname as indicated in the online help.  "A name you assign to the appliance. Note that this name is only used within the context of the Firepower System. Although you can use the host name as the name of the appliance, entering a different name in this field does not change the host name."  

Manually modifying the /ect/hosts does not survive a reboot.  Currently running version 6.2.3.9

Thanks  Jeff

6 Replies 6

Hi Jeff,

I did the hostname change through firefox and it worked perfectly. What browser are you using?

Command to change hostname in FTD: 

configure network hostname "HOSTNAME"

Hello,  I am using Firefox.  As I specified in the question, using the GUI System Configuration does not change the host name - see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v601/Management_Center_System_Configuration.pdf, Page 4, Appliance Information, Name Field - "A name you assign to the appliance. Note that this name is only used within the context of the Firepower System. Although you can use the host name as the name of the appliance, entering a different name in this field does not change the host name.

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,
Change it from the GUI >>
System > Configuration and save it, then reload the server to take effect.

Hello,

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v601/Management_Center_System_Configuration.pdf, Page 4, Appliacne Information, Name Field, Description -

"A name you assign to the appliance. Note that this name is only used within the context of the Firepower System. Although you can use the host name as the name of the appliance, entering a different name in this field does not change the host name."

Since FMC OS is based on Redhat, try changing the hostname in the following location and reload:

/etc/sysconfig/network

Worked for me :)

Hello Rahul ,

I will try that, thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card