cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to apply Anyconnect Apex license to Cisco Firepower NGFW running ASA software

khushal.waghela
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How do I apply the Anyconnect Apex license to Cisco Firepower NGFW running ASA software? I have received the Product Authorization Key (PAK) number(s) and PIN but Cisco documentation says "PAK registration does not apply to the Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv), Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall appliances running ASA software".

Thanks,

Khushal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Khushal,

Convert the PAK to smart license and generate license token from cisco smart license portal and paste into ASA cli.

ciscoasa# license smart register idtoken token_id force

token_id is the token generated from cisco smart license portal. You can convert the PAK to smart license with help of cisco Licensing team (licensing@cisco.com)

Hope This Helps

Abheesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
Are you running ASAv or ASA on any 2100,4100,9300 appliance..?
For ASAv you need to do smart licensing to activate license. Below is the licensing doc for ASAv. You can convert the PAK to Smart Licensing. send the PAK or Sales Order number to cisco licensing team to convert it to smart.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa93/configuration/general/asa-general-cli/intro-license-smart.html

Hope This Helps
Abheesh

Hi Abheesh,

I am having Cisco Firepower 2130 appliance running ASA Software Version 9.8(4)3.

Thanks,

Khushal

Hi Khushal,

Convert the PAK to smart license and generate license token from cisco smart license portal and paste into ASA cli.

ciscoasa# license smart register idtoken token_id force

token_id is the token generated from cisco smart license portal. You can convert the PAK to smart license with help of cisco Licensing team (licensing@cisco.com)

Hope This Helps

Abheesh

Hi Abheesh,

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Regards,

Khushal

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card