cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to break show conn detail command on ftd

fcbob
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any key to stop show conn detail output on ftd?

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

I am assuming that you are asking about setting the page length of the FTD CLI. If that is the case, at the moment, this is not a setting that is configurable. However, there are a couple of workarounds:

1. Utilize the diagnostic CLI:

• From the CLI in FTD > System support diagnostic-cli > enable > enter (no password)
  • Once you are in "enable" mode, you can issue terminal pager (desired value)
  • Then you can issue show conn detail

2. If you do not want to use the diagnostic-cli, then you can use the pipe "|" command in the FTD CLI with grep, include, etc, to narrow down your output

3. You can also redirect the output of the show conn detail command to a file, and then use the "more" command to view the file

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi,

My question is using any key like CTRL+C or Q etc to stop ( break ) output for showing more than few minutes. 

How to stop output of running following command on ftd when output is larger and can run for few minutes:

show conn details

I tried with following key but couldn't stop screen and had to wait for around 9 minutes until everything was shown by above command:

CTRL+C

Q

CTRL+Shift+6

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Once you typed a command and pressed Enter you cannot stop the output.

Furthermore, on FTD the default pager size is '0'. This means that the whole output will be shown before you can type anything else.

You can change the pager size for a session using the command 'terminal pager 24' from the FTD Lina CLI. Please keep in mind that this command is not saved in the 'startup-config':

> system support-diagnostic-cli

firepower# terminal pager 24

This will have as an effect to show only 24 lines and stop.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card