cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to move service policy and inspection on fmc?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i need to move a asa configuration into fmc but the problem is i cant figure out how to move the existing service policy and inspection rules into the new fmc? especially the inspection rules?

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless you've customized the service-policies for a specific technical need, the FTD device will have default service policy rules just like ASA does.

If you need to customize the rules in FTD, here's how:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/630/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v63/threat_defense_service_policies.html#id_71062

i checked the guide , the steps doesnt involve choosing certain type of traffic like ftp or icmp to enable inspection for?

To modify the inspected protocols you need to use a Flexconfig.

Look under objects > Flexconfig > Flexconfig Objects. Specifically, Default_Protocol_Inspection_Enable and  ...Disable objects.

You can modify those to suit your desired state (enabled of disabled) and then choose them for deployment to the selected devices under Devices > Flexconfig. 

thanks for the reply but can you help with an example as the flexconfig is really complicated below there is a sample of the inspection code
policy-map global_policy
class inspection_default
#foreach ( $protocol in $enableInspectProtocolList)
inspect $protocol
#end

if i want to add ftp and icmp to the list , how do i do so? where is this " $enableInspectProtocolList"

"$enableInspectProtocolList" is a Flexconnect text object:

FTD Flexconfig service policy list.PNG

Somewhere in 6.x Cisco added icmp to the list of default inspections so you don't need to do anything to add it if you're running a relatively recent Firepower version. Here's my list from a running-config on 6.4.0.4 (with no overriding entries in the Flexconfig list):

policy-map global_policy
 class inspection_default
  inspect dns preset_dns_map 
  inspect ftp 
  inspect h323 h225 
  inspect h323 ras 
  inspect rsh 
  inspect rtsp 
  inspect sqlnet 
  inspect skinny  
  inspect sunrpc 
  inspect xdmcp 
  inspect netbios 
  inspect tftp 
  inspect ip-options 
  inspect icmp 
  inspect icmp error 
  inspect sip  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: