cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing FirePOWER software on Cisco ASA 5516-X.

eng.khaled.omar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When i try to install the FirePOWER software on Cisco ASA 5516-X and i issue the following command:

ASASFR-boot> system install ftp://192.168.2.4/asasfr-sys-6.2.2-81.pkg

It gives the following:

Verifying

Upgrade aborted

When i ping the address 192.168.2.4 normally, it replies, but inside the (ASASFR-boot>) it is not replying.

I configured the system with IPv4 address/mask, default gateway and DNS information, don't know what is missing.

Thanks in advance.

Khaled Omar

26 Replies 26

Try

sw-module module sfr recover stop

This worked, thanks

Now i booted from the new boot image and it is in the "Recover" status, waiting until it move to "Up".

Why it is not moving to the "Up" status and stops at the "Recover" status?

Should I start the system installation on the "Recover" status?

Yes - go ahead and proceed with installation (and, subsequently, configuration) of the system pkg file once the image recovery has returned a command prompt to the console output.

The module won't move to "Up" until after you have successfully completed the system installation phase.

I proceeded with the installation and still giving the same error:

Verifying

Aborted

I use quick and easy FTP server, do you recommend a specific FTP server that can be used easily?

I use FileZilla ftp server.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

I've used it hundreds of times with no problems for ASAs, Firepower service modules, and many other target devices.

still giving the same error :S

It's possible that your SSD is bad. If you have TAC support I'd go ahead and open a case.

I have the following:

Details for TAC: End Customer: CLIFTON OPERATIONS PTY LTD - Sub141457 - Web Order# 82835912 - Active Contract Number#201372456

Can you take this case as you know its details.

I'm neither Cisco TAC nor a Cisco employee, just helping out fellow users to the best of my ability.

You're posting here at Cisco Community. The community is not the same as paid Cisco support (TAC) and is not associated with the TAC.

To open a TAC case, go to https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/

Ok, Thanks for your co-operation.

what was your outcome in the end?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card