cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS and Malware Policy

sheikhrazib2766
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to Firepower. I'm migrating ASA FW Configuration to Firepower. We will be using FDM and not FMC.

My Question is: Should I enable IPS and Malware in every single (allowed) Access Rule OR create a single Rule for IPS and Malware for all the allowed traffic. What is the recommended implementation.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Access Control Policy rules are first match (except for Monitor action rules) so I recommend specifying an IPS and Malware policy associated with each Allow rule. Exceptions would be things like a rule allowing encrypted traffic (ssl/tls, ssh etc.) where we won't be able to inspect files anyway.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Access Control Policy rules are first match (except for Monitor action rules) so I recommend specifying an IPS and Malware policy associated with each Allow rule. Exceptions would be things like a rule allowing encrypted traffic (ssl/tls, ssh etc.) where we won't be able to inspect files anyway.

Thanks Marvin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card