cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rules per page

Isaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Can I change the number of access control policy rules displayed per page in FMC?  It seems to default to displaying only 50 rules at a time, which is a bit low.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't in FMC (as of the current 6.2); but you can list them all from the cli on your sensors.

From expert mode (log into sensor via ssh and type "expert"), use the following command (using "cat" as an example - you can munge the output with your choice of Linux commands):

cat /var/sf/detection_engines/*/ngfw.rules

You should also be able to get the same using the API.

Note you can change the default number of Connection Events shown in the GUI (from 25). That's found under your username > User Preferences > Event View Settings.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't in FMC (as of the current 6.2); but you can list them all from the cli on your sensors.

From expert mode (log into sensor via ssh and type "expert"), use the following command (using "cat" as an example - you can munge the output with your choice of Linux commands):

cat /var/sf/detection_engines/*/ngfw.rules

You should also be able to get the same using the API.

Note you can change the default number of Connection Events shown in the GUI (from 25). That's found under your username > User Preferences > Event View Settings.

Thanks for the answer.  I am disappointed in that answer, as obviously the GUI is where we spend most of our time, and dealing with the multiple pages of rules is just annoying.  But I appreciate knowing that I am not missing some option somewhere.

Guys do know how we can export the pre-filter policies ?

I have pre-filter polciies and want them to be imported in an excel format for a reveiw purpose.

any inbuilt tool or script that can be helful on this please?

jason_williams
Level 1
Level 1

See my python script below. It will allow you to dump the whole ACP to a CSV. It will not break out the network or port objects, but will give you a good way to review the rules. 

https://github.com/scourge71/fmcapi

Very nice - thanks Jason.

Hi williams,

Please share the python script again, as provided link not working. i have to extract and make list of all acl from FMC into excel sheet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card