Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Rules per page

Can I change the number of access control policy rules displayed per page in FMC?  It seems to default to displaying only 50 rules at a time, which is a bit low.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Guru

You can't in FMC; but you can

You can't in FMC (as of the current 6.2); but you can list them all from the cli on your sensors.

From expert mode (log into sensor via ssh and type "expert"), use the following command (using "cat" as an example - you can munge the output with your choice of Linux commands):

cat /var/sf/detection_engines/*/ngfw.rules

You should also be able to get the same using the API.

Note you can change the default number of Connection Events shown in the GUI (from 25). That's found under your username > User Preferences > Event View Settings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hall of Fame Guru

You can't in FMC; but you can

You can't in FMC (as of the current 6.2); but you can list them all from the cli on your sensors.

From expert mode (log into sensor via ssh and type "expert"), use the following command (using "cat" as an example - you can munge the output with your choice of Linux commands):

cat /var/sf/detection_engines/*/ngfw.rules

You should also be able to get the same using the API.

Note you can change the default number of Connection Events shown in the GUI (from 25). That's found under your username > User Preferences > Event View Settings.

View solution in original post

Beginner

Thanks for the answer.  I am

Thanks for the answer.  I am disappointed in that answer, as obviously the GUI is where we spend most of our time, and dealing with the multiple pages of rules is just annoying.  But I appreciate knowing that I am not missing some option somewhere.

Highlighted

Re: Thanks for the answer.  I am

Guys do know how we can export the pre-filter policies ?

I have pre-filter polciies and want them to be imported in an excel format for a reveiw purpose.

any inbuilt tool or script that can be helful on this please?

Beginner

See my python script below.

See my python script below. It will allow you to dump the whole ACP to a CSV. It will not break out the network or port objects, but will give you a good way to review the rules. 

https://github.com/scourge71/fmcapi

Beginner

Very nice - thanks Jason.

Very nice - thanks Jason.