cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous login in FMC console

gswanwifi
Level 1
Level 1

After I upgraded my FMC to 6.2.0 version, when second user try to login into FMC  (WEBUI)

it shows "Existing session detected , You are already logged in as this user.Do you want to proceed and terminate previous session?"

5 Replies 5

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

Are you using same account user name?
Create a new admin user to have simultaneous logins.

br, Micke

Hi Mikael,

Yes, I use same username. I used to do it in the version 5.4.X but in 6.2 version I am not able to do simultaneous login. Is there any version dependent limitation ?

Hi,

Can't remember if that has changed in any specific version, but this is the way it works on all my new setups.
I see this as a good practice as you will have better control on who has done what and you get a warning if someone else is changing same policy at the same time.

Just add a new user account for next user.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v61/firepower_system_user_management.html

br, Micke

Thank you , Mikael

Difficulty in having multiple windows open at once was a design choice Cisco made. It was a bad one, and they should undo it, but it's minor and annoying, rather than a serious functional problem. 

If you have one window or tab open, at least in Chrome or Firefox, you can right-click on things in that tab to open them in other windows or tabs, and it works just fine.  But if any of them times out, logging back into it trashes the whole session, so you can't; you'll have to remember what you were doing and reopen it from a live tab.

I very often have multiple sessions open, especially when I have two screens available, with one of them showing a Summary tab and maybe task status, and another few doing updates or working on policies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: