Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Licensing Firepower Threat Defense

fabflorent
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have ASA 5515-X. It's a model in end of life.

I have purchased SSD disk ASA5500X-SSD120 to migrate my ASA 5515 to ASA with Firepower Threat Defense.

With the new system of Smart Licensing, did it still possible to license the FTD module plugged in ASA 5515 model ?

PS: I have a Firepower Management Console FMC 1000-K9.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Technically the ASA 5515-X is end of sales (not end of life). However the SKUs affected by EoS include the 3- and 5-year Firepower Threat Defense subscriptions so they can no longer be purchased.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/eos-eol-notice-c51-738644.html

It looks like the 1-year subscriptions can still be purchased. I confirmed they are still selectable in the Cisco ordering system. For example:

L-ASA5515T-T-1Y   
SUBSCRIPTION SKU

Cisco ASA5515 Threat Defense Threat Protection 1Y Subs

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Technically the ASA 5515-X is end of sales (not end of life). However the SKUs affected by EoS include the 3- and 5-year Firepower Threat Defense subscriptions so they can no longer be purchased.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/eos-eol-notice-c51-738644.html

It looks like the 1-year subscriptions can still be purchased. I confirmed they are still selectable in the Cisco ordering system. For example:

L-ASA5515T-T-1Y   
SUBSCRIPTION SKU

Cisco ASA5515 Threat Defense Threat Protection 1Y Subs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: