cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sourcefire 3D Device Virtual64 VMware Upgrade Fails

Jacob Gibb
Level 1
Level 1

Just noticed the update to 6.0 and started to apply. I immediately get the following attached error. Anyone else seen this? 

8 Replies 8

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The minimum version on the appliance should be 5.4 to upgrade to 6.0?

Refer link : https://support.sourcefire.com/downloads/2467/fetch

What is the current version the device is on ?

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Correct and I am running 5.4.1.1 as shown in the screenshot. Not sure what the issue is?

I just tried on another FMC running 5.4.1.2 and it prompted me for installation just fine. I'm running the upgrade to 5.4.1.3-55 now and rebooting then testing the update to 6.0

Pujita Patni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

I am trying to recreate this on 5.4.1.1 to check if this is a possible bug.

I will let you know what i find soon.

Thanks,

Pujita

Hi Jacob,

I tried the upgrade with my DC running 5.4.1.1 and it seems to run fine.

Attached the screenshot for the same.

I tried with version 5.4.1.2 and 5.4.1.3 and it starts the install fine.

I am not sure why you get the error.

I think it will be a good idea to upgrade it to 5.4.1.2 or 5.4.1.3 and then get the 6.0 install in your case.

Thanks,

Pujita

Embarrased to say but I think I confused myself on which image to use. Oringally I downloaded the v6 update from the Sourcefire community page link below instead of Cisco.com

https://support.sourcefire.com/sections/1

I compared the FMC in our lab against the production instance (which accepted me starting the install and the package) and noticed "Sourcefire 3D Defense Center S3 Upgrade" was not on the lab host. I uploaded and corrected the amount of memory available (requires 6 at least) so now the install is running! Thanks all!

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jacob

What's the name of the file you have uploaded to the Defence Center? There are two of them availiable at Sourcefire and Cisco Support that both seem to be for the VMware edition of DC but only one of them seems correct.

I've during 2015 moved from the 5.3 track up to 5.4 and in all upgrade jumps I had to use the file labeled Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_Upgrade-XXXX.sh which in this case would be Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_Upgrade-6.0.0-1005.sh

/Fredrik

I had the same issue because i used the wrong update file.

Its confusing with all those *fire* whatever namings..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card