cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sourcefire ASA module installation

Louis Van Zyl
Level 1
Level 1

Im doing a new SourceFire installation amd am busy re-imaging the software modules.  My 4 sourcefire modules in the ASA5515X firewalls went well.  I'm running into issues with the modules in both the ASA5525x firewalls.

I boot fine with the new boot image but when I try to install the system software with the "system install" command I get the following error:

asasfr-boot>system install ftp://123.123.123.123/5525x/asasfr-sys-5.4.0-764.pkg
Verifying     

Enter credentials to authenticate with ftp server
Username: Koos
Password:
Verifying.....

Upgrade aborted.
asasfr-boot>

Does anybody know where I can lookup the error code "111 - Upgrade aborted"?

I've downloaded the file a few times, so don't think my file is corrupt.  I also trust the FTP server and the comms to it because it worked fine for the 4 ASA5515X firewalls.

4 Replies 4

Dinkar Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Louis,

I would check credentials, file permissions or may be try a different host machine.

Thanks,

Dinkar

Hi Dinkar

I've used the same FTP host to update the modules in the 5515x firewalls, my problem is only with the 5525x firewalls.  So the credentials and permissions is fine.  I've also downloaded the file a few times so I don't think it is due to the file being corrupt.

Louis

I see you have a specific subdirectory for the 5525 file. I assume you've verified the FTP user has read access to that directory.

Does the ftp server log give you any indications?

esa_fresa
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. Did you ever find a fix to this?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card