cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sourcefire Module Network Connectivity

Joshua Smick
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with network connectivity with my Sourcefire module.  no matter what IP address or default gateway I use in the initial configuration, I can't seem to get it to connect to the network.  It's part of a 5506-X.  Is there a setting on the ASA that I should be investigating?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

linus.laeubli
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

What is your setup?
Are both Management Interface and at least one Inside interface connected to the same VLAN?

Generaly a good guide to start SFR Configuration: http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001107

Cheers,

Linus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

linus.laeubli
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

What is your setup?
Are both Management Interface and at least one Inside interface connected to the same VLAN?

Generaly a good guide to start SFR Configuration: http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001107

Cheers,

Linus

I actually wasn't aware that the management interface needed to be connected.  Let me cable it up.  

I thought as much, nobody thinks of this, because it's just not logical.
Somehow they are unable to route the traffic through the backplane.

Btw. Sourcefire as such has quite some issues.

I can't manage it with ASDM over Windows 10, but Windows 7 works.

Also do not be deterred, Updating major releases on the SFR takes some serious time, last time I Upgraded it took me 6 Hours for 5 Major releases ;)

Thankfully this is just in a home lab environment!  I actually deleted my other instance that had previously been working (due to an erroneous NAT overload rule initially making everything work then breaking everything on my router) thinking that it was irreparably broken, so now I have to wait hours for it to extract.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card