cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog "logging device-id" in FTD 6.2.3

NeerajS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, We have an ASA running FTD 6.2.3 managed via FDM web UI.   Upon configuing syslogging in FDM, we noticed that syslog messages in our syslog server do not have the hostname of the ASA in them. So the Syslog server either shows hostname as "ip-address of interface" or the Month from the timestamp of the messages.

I remember in old ASA we had an option of "logging device-id".  How do i enable  "logging device-id" either via firepower cli or FDM ?  Currently there is no such option in FDM web UI. 

Thanks

Neeraj

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can try adding it via FlexConfig. I don't have my lab handy right now but it's not a blacklisted command. So it's worth a try to add:

logging device-id hostname

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-623/fptd-fdm-advanced.html

Hi Marvin, Thanks as always. Unfortunately "logging" is in that list of black listed commands.  Let me check with cisco TAC on this.

Hi Neeraj,
Did you get any solution from TAC.

Not yet, i will keep you posted.

As per cisco TAC, this is not supported via FDM.  However, FMC has that option available in the GUI itself.

In platform policy option is there to send syslog device id.

2018-11-27 18_25_00-Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare 6.2.3.4 Build 42 (GUEST-FMC) - admi.jpg

HTH

Abheesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: