Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: Fixed yet?

Hi,

I have FTD's in HA. Do I need to set/change the platform settings for FTD-HA and apply the commands shown in the screenshots? Would appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Hall of Fame Guru

To make the icmp and traceroute work fully yes, you would apply the bits from the FMC screenshots.

Anyone still have this issue?  I have an HA pair of Firepower 2110 running 6.2.2.2 in my lab and I flat-out cannot get traceroute to work through them, even after configuring the ICMP and FlexConfig settings recommended by Marvin.  I have the same symptom that Alexandre described - all the traceroute hops fail except for the final one, which does come through.

Beginner

Finally got an answer from TAC on a 2+ month old SR of them, and it works, no fancy settings required:

Add ICMP (either v4 or v6) Destination Unknown and Time Exceeded to the list of allowed ICMP traffic.

And that's it, plain and simple. Not what I was expecting but hey, the theory behind it makes sense if you think about it. If anyone feels brave enough digging into all the small sub-options, feel free to do so and let us know so we can tight even further our controls :)

allow_traceroute.png

Cheers.

Beginner

OK, thanks for the guidance

OK, thanks for the guidance so far. Can someone expand or post a link on how to "use Flex config to add inspects"?.  

I tried adding the System Defined, Default_Inspection_Protocol_Enable, to a new Flexconfig policy, however it seemed to do nothing. 

Hall of Fame Guru

@itsupport@protectorfire.com

[@itsupport@protectorfire.com.au]  

Answered in your related post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13338721/configuring-block-ips-isp-5508-fmc

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here