cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URL Filtering Update

sprocket10
Level 2
Level 2

Our Firepower is setup and working correctly for Application blocking, but the URL blocking isnt working.

The Firepower can download updates successfully for firmware updates but under the Intergration option, the URL Filtering shows Last URL Filtering Update: Never

What could be stopping this from connecting out.

This is a replacement 5516 ASA and the previous (RMA) 5516 was URL filtering correctly. The replacement has been restored from backup and the Firepower also restored from backup. I have checked the IP, Gateway and DNS of the Firepower module and they seem to be correct, and as I said, then fireware patches are being pulled from Cisco.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you check under Objects > Security Intelligence > Cisco-DNS-and_URL-Intelligence-Feed and confirm if it is getting periodic updates?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you check under Objects > Security Intelligence > Cisco-DNS-and_URL-Intelligence-Feed and confirm if it is getting periodic updates?

Hi

Yes, these are getting updates. The last update was less than one hour ago.

Hmm, it seems things are working properly on the FMC.

I assume you verified the Smart license (if the ASA is running FTD, otherwise classic license) is properly registered.

When you put the replacement ASA 5516-X in did you verify it is assigned the URL filtering license within device management?

This helped me point to the resolution. I noticed that Geolocation hadnt updated and once I clicked download, the URL download started working. Im not sure how these are linked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: