cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Firesight Management Center (Sourcefire_3D_Device_Virtual64_VMware-5.3.0-571) unreachable via web page

fringuellia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed  Sourcefire_3D_Device_Virtual64_VMware-5.3.0-571 on vmware ESXi 5.0, installation was ok, I can ping  and access via ssh Sourcefire_3D but I am not able to access it via Internet Explorer or Firefox.

I see with wireshark that Sourcefire_3D receive packet from browser client but does not complete 3-way handshake.

I am using my laptop with Windows 7 64bit, with vmware workstation v. 10.0.4 and  ESXi 5.0.0.

regards

Antonio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin P Sheahan
Level 5
Level 5

Virtual 3D Sensors do not have a web interface like their physical counterparts. You'll only be able to configure the manager and all else from CLI;

config manager add <dc IP> <psk>

ex; config manager add 10.1.2.3 ThisIsMyP5K!

Once you've done that, and configured the device as a managed device in the DC, you should be good to go.

Kind Regards, Kevin Sheahan, CCIE # 41349

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kevin P Sheahan
Level 5
Level 5

Virtual 3D Sensors do not have a web interface like their physical counterparts. You'll only be able to configure the manager and all else from CLI;

config manager add <dc IP> <psk>

ex; config manager add 10.1.2.3 ThisIsMyP5K!

Once you've done that, and configured the device as a managed device in the DC, you should be good to go.

Kind Regards, Kevin Sheahan, CCIE # 41349
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: