cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the implications of applying NAT and VPN through Firesight

Matt
Level 1
Level 1

I recently noticed that my Firesight Defense Center has options to use and apply NAT and VPN configurations to my firewalls. This was a bit confusing to me as to my understanding Firesight only touches the Firepower modules that connect to it so I wanted to see if anyone in the community had prior experience with these features. 

1: When applying a VPN or NAT configuration to a device through Firesight, are those VPN connections and NAT translations taking place within the Firepower module or is this an area where Firesight's tendrils can reach across into ASA territory and modify its config?

2: What would happen to the original NAT or VPN configuration on the ASA if Firesight applies a configuration to the device? Would it be wiped, or perhaps would only conflicting rules be rewritten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NAT and VPN in FMC generally refers to the features when used with FTD devices - i.e., not ASAs with Firepower service modules.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NAT and VPN in FMC generally refers to the features when used with FTD devices - i.e., not ASAs with Firepower service modules.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: