Views
Helpful
Replies

2 ISPs one default route!

majedalanni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have problem to setup my server to use second ISP connection that is not use as a default route.

the topology is:

I have server in Ethernet 3 in my ASA55020 firewall. IP is 172.16.1.2 GW 172.16.1.1(firewall). My firewall default route is ISP1, it is tracking route if it fail firewall should use the ISP2 for default route. Now, I'd need to use ISP2 to route only my server (172.16.1.2) to the world. also I need a static Nat from ISP2 to my server. by the way I have only this server in my network 172.16.1.X no other IP's or hosts.

Please any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

10 Replies 10

On the ASA you can only have one active default gateway. You can route through ISP2 only if you have static routes to know destinations.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your fast reply,

I know this, but I don't have a specific destination, I read there is some tricky configuration that do this, but I didn't understand it. it is static Nat with destination.

Thanks

Mike

can you provide a link to that tricky configuration you mentioned?

unfortunately I can't view the answers from that site. I have a user but probably only with guest rights.

use cached page in google

got it.

I was able to view the example but I haven't tested it. I might be able to set up a lab and reply to you later on or maybe tomorrow.

Mike,

Have you seen this document? https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13015

It is based on the assumption that you have a router in front of your firewall. You can then configure PBR on this router.

seab, idont have router!

Sean,

Sorry for misspell your name it was from my phone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card