Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding numerous IP addresses to a Object Group

Is there an easy way to add numerous IP addresses to an object group.  I have a spread sheet of IP addresses that I need to put into an object group and the ASDM takes forever to add them especially as many as I have to add.  I did not know if there was software or templates out there that you can cut and paste the list into or something like that. 

3 Replies 3

agapitca19
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I use the command line interface most of the time when configuring ASA and what I usually do is create my own template on Notepad++, which sometimes requires a quite of manual process(it depends how bulk the config change).

If the host ip addresses that you wanted to add are in sequence, for example 192.168.1.1-100 then it will be easier if you copy network-object host 192.168.1.1 to Excel then hover your mouse cursor on the cell's right most bottom corner until it turns into "+" sign then drag down the mouse cursor to auto populate everything including the sequential host ip addresses. After this, add object-group network [your object group network id] on top of the first  network-object host [ip address] then apply the whole thing to the ASA through command line interface.

If the host ip addresses are not in  sequence, I would copy and paste network-object host on Notepad++ then press Ctrl+D multiple times until you reach the number of host ip address that you need to add. At the end of each network-object host command, add the host ip address. Once this is done, on top of the first  network-object host [ip address], add object-group network [your object group network id] then apply the whole thing to the ASA through command line interface.

HTH,

***Please rate and mark the comment correct if you found it helpful. Thanks***

Thank you that is kind of what I was thinking of doing just did not know if anyone had a different way of going about it.  Thanks again for advise.

I had the similar situation were I have around 250 IP address and I wanted to add them into Object-group network "NameofGroup". I created an excel sheet to do this. In a column "A"and "row 1, I added "Object-group network "NameofObject". Added "network-object host" in row 2 and dragged them until row i need them. In colume "B" row 2, I have entered the IP address and that it it.

Copied over the text into ASA and it worked!

Example: How it should look like!

Object-group network.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card