cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow privilleged users to enter into EXEC mode on login not working with public keys

Amund
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently updated one of my Cisco ASA to v9.2(1) and noticed a function to get the perform authorization for exec shell access can do a auto-enable when logging in from ssh.

The problem is that if I use a private/public key authentication with a user it won't do the auto-enable feature. If I login without keys and using my password, it jumps into privilleged exec mode as it should.

Anyone else had this issue?

Config:

aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL
aaa authorization exec LOCAL auto-enable

username user password xxxxxx encrypted privilege 15
username user attributes
 ssh authentication publickey 22:af:xxxxxx hashed

Any answer will be highly appreciated. 

P.S I'm totally new in this forum.

6 Replies 6

ajreichow
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same problem on 9.2(2)4.  If I use the key, auto-enable doesn't work; if I force password authentication, it does.

Would you be able to open a TAC SR and once you do , Email me the SR no and i will look into this issue.

vamrodia@cisco.com

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

We're in the middle of a big cut-over, so it'll have to wait a week or so for me... feel free to send me a message or reply again here. I'll do my best to remember!

Hi,

Once , you get a SR opened , please drop me an email :- vamrodia@cisco.com and i will take the ownership for that issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Hi Vibhor Amrodia,

did you ever come across this issue, was this resolved. I can escalate a case but would be a wast of resource if this has been fixed..

clinet is getting this

Privileged Users to Enter Into EXEC Mode on Login Failing with Public Keys on Cisco ASA

and currently on 9.3.1

thanks in advance

Lance

I haven't forgotten about this... Going to try to get a case opened next week.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: