Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect for Android/iOS with mac auth/ unique device id

bara.lucia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im a new in the firewalling devices, i have to set up asa 5505 with anyconnect and DAP,

with DAP i have to configure with MAC AUTH/ Unique device ID. But i got little confused when i have to configure it, so  i have a question :

1. As far i know, we can't configure DAP with MAC auth without configure Cisco Secure Desktop Right? its mean, we can't auth filter with mac address on mobile device (tablet/smartphone)? am i right?  cmiiw

2. For Unique device ID, i found this another way to complete my configuration with this if i cant use mac address on the devices, but im afraid, that unique ID of the devices (tablet/smarphone) can change. Please if there anybody ever configure DAP with endpoint attributes (Anyconnect - unique device ID) ?is there posibility the unique ID on the devices could change?

3. What i have to configure if i want the user who already connected to Anyconnect VPN still able to access internet by their own gateway/ISP of their mobile devices?

hopefully i can found the answer in here,

Thank you

B

1 Reply 1

bara.lucia
Level 1
Level 1

I found the answer,

1. i use Posture assesment on Anyconnect Secure mobility and doesnt use mac, i use unique id

2. unique id will change if we uninstal and instal again the anyconnect

3. this configuration using tunnel split, but i use iOS and its success... but when im using android samsung, its failed, the weird one is about my android samsung able to receive whatsap, gtalk, and etc but cant browse to the internet when connected to my vpn. Maybe someone could give me any recomenndation?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card