cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect license question

Eric Shartle
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 2 ASA-5510 firewalls in Active/Standby. 

I recently purchased a single AnyConnect Essentials license - but I had to "Activate" it to a serial number - so I used the current "Active" firewall.

My question is, will this license install on both systems, or do I install it on the correct s/n machine and it will "replicate" over to the spare, or do I need to buy an additional license for the other firewall. 

These are not clustered, or running Active/Active.

Thanks,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The license is only applied to the ASA with the serial-number that you used while registering your PAK. In normal operation, thats fine and you don't need an additional license on the second unit. But if you later remove the unit with the license, then the remaining unit will also lose the license.

The best option would be to buy an AnyConnect 4 Plus license which can be activated on all your ASAs.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

The license is only applied to the ASA with the serial-number that you used while registering your PAK. In normal operation, thats fine and you don't need an additional license on the second unit. But if you later remove the unit with the license, then the remaining unit will also lose the license.

The best option would be to buy an AnyConnect 4 Plus license which can be activated on all your ASAs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card