AnyConnect for Mobile : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled perpetual
Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled perpetual
Shared License : Disabled perpetual
Total UC Proxy Sessions : 2 perpetual
Botnet Traffic Filter : Disabled perpetual
Cluster : Disabled perpetual

This platform has a Base license.

I have to apply a new activation-key for anyconnect, I recevied an email showing this information:

image.png

My question is if the new activation-key will add just the feature for 25 anyconnect users or will override everything on the base license.

I have doubts because on the features Other VPN Peers and Total VPN Peers it shows "default" and not 10-12.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 10 "other" peers applies to IPsec (IKEv1 an IKEv2) and will not be affected by any license key as it is built into the hardware platform.

The "12" is those 10 plus the two Anyconnect licenses provided on all ASAs for free.

Adding your 25 user license will not affect any existing site-site IPsec VPNs or licensing available for them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 10 "other" peers applies to IPsec (IKEv1 an IKEv2) and will not be affected by any license key as it is built into the hardware platform.

The "12" is those 10 plus the two Anyconnect licenses provided on all ASAs for free.

Adding your 25 user license will not affect any existing site-site IPsec VPNs or licensing available for them.

Hi Marvin, thanks for your answer.

I had an issue a few months ago where a I had a pair of ASA in failover. Those ASAs had an IPS license and when i applied the AnyConnect license it overrided the IPS license.

In other words, the IPS license were lost. Them the TAC Team had to combine the IPS license and Anyconnect license.

Greetings,

Yes it CAN happen. But - when provisioned correctly by Cisco licensing - it will not.

As noted the "other VPN" licenses are not licenses coming from any PAK or activation key and thus are not subject to removal even in the case of a mistake by Cisco licensing team.

Thanks for the explaniation.

I will accept this answer as a solution after the activation of the license

Greetings.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card