Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 software downgrade

AliMahm00di
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I have a CISCO asa 5505 running on 9.2.4(27) and it is working with lots of configurations. I want to downgrade to the recommended version 9.1.7(32) interim. what is the procedure to do this?

Can I simply put this version disk o disk0:/ and replace the boot command or should I reconfigure it from ground up?

My concern is that is it possible that some of configs from 9.2.4 config file does not apply to 9.1.7!!!?

Thanks for your help.

BR.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes downgrade have small cavieats always.

So better take backup of configuration and  do the downgrade in maintenance window. test it.

in case any issue you can compare the old config, i am sure you might have upgrade from old version to 9.2.x have backup of working config of for reference in this case.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes downgrade have small cavieats always.

So better take backup of configuration and  do the downgrade in maintenance window. test it.

in case any issue you can compare the old config, i am sure you might have upgrade from old version to 9.2.x have backup of working config of for reference in this case.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: