cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Asa 5506-X SWITCH POWER LIKE ASA 5505

med.rebou
Level 1
Level 1

i buy cisco asa 5506-x ios 9.8 to replace asa 5505.

I use the port ge1 / 1 for outside and I configured the other ports as interface inside using the channel port.
my problem that I can connect only one computer at a time, the other computers have the ip address of the interface inside but do not connect.
is a switch required to connect my cmputers?
Help me
4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide the full configuration, and explain where is Pc 1 and other Pc connectd to what ports ?

like working PC and not working PC ?

Ok after my post i realised that you are looking freatures like 5505 L2 switch for other ports, unfortunatly new models do not have that support like 55XX -X you need to have switch between user PC and ASA

PC1----Switch---(inside) ASA 55xx-X --Outside---(Internet)

but most my setup as below :

but i hear recent 9.7X  onwards there is bridge groups add,(never tested) look at below 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa97/release/notes/asarn97.html#ID-2172-00000128

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I already tried the interface bvi, but it does not work

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure what you mean by "I configured the other ports as interface inside using the channel port."

Can you share your current running-configuration?

You can definitely use the ASA 5506-X running 9.7(x) or higher with BVI interface to connect multiple computers directly to it (no separate switch involved) and have them all be on the same subnet. They can have access to the outside via the ASA's BVI interface as gateway.

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Your statement seems incomplete or incorrect.  Looking more detail on this point as a network diagram and running config.

I use the port ge1 / 1 for outside and I configured the other ports as interface inside using the channel port.

As everyone mentioned the Bridge interface is not working in the latest ASAs. So you have only option to use Switch to connect more devices in your network.

Cisco ASA--------->Switch.----------->PC

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card