cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506x Set Up

Layne Ivy
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5506x which has ASDM 7.5.1 . Unfortunately the ASDM has a bug in this version preventing me from using it to set up my routing ( https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw09242 ). I cannot download a newer or older version and I cannot find all of the command lines to configure NAT/PAT.

What I have is ISP on port 1, Network 192.168.1.1 on port 2 (currently management by default), Network 192.168.0.1 on port 3 (which I would like to make management), Network 192.168.2.1 on port 4, with room to grow on the other 4 ports (1 building/4 offices). I have a block of 5 static outside addresses on of which is assigned to port 1. I would like to assign one to a dvr, one to a teleconference, and one to the 192.168.1.1 network for outside.

I am CCNA certified but the commands I learned for routing and switching are not working on this firewall. Can someone please help!?

4 Replies 4

What is preventing you from installing a newer version of the asdm? If your using routing and switching commands familiar with a cisco routers and switches, then since you're using a firewall the commands would be different as well. You can setup subinterfaces interfaces with vlans, depends on what you want to do. Also, Management has its own physical int on the 5506x.

When I try to download another version of ASDM from cisco it tells me I must have a valid service contract. Here is a diagram of what im trying to do.

You sure have some work to do there. I suggest you Google for Cisco ASA 9.x NAT configuration guide.

Have some tea, coffee and spend some time reading it. Then go nuts and see how this goes.

Thank you so much. I have set up basic functionality by tweaking the out of box set up already. This is what I couldn't find. I apparently didn't know what to google. I have started reading and it seems spot on for what I need to do. Now is there any other way to get the GUI up once I get this running as I will likely not be the only one making changes to it but am the only one here who knows any Cisco CLI?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card