cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 cannot connect to Microsoft IAS

akudrich1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm at a total loss here. I am transitioning from a Microsoft ISA server to a Cisco ASA 5510. So far so good, until it comes to getting AAA functioning properly. I have a Microsoft IAS server that is functioning properly, however when I try to test it through the ASA's ASDM it errors out. When I run a packet trace it shows it's being blocked by the dreaded implicit ACL. The funny thing is that I can ping and traceroute to the IAS server from the ASA. I found numerous config examples for AAA using IAS, but still not working.

Could it possibly be behaving this way because my ASA and my IAS server are on two different internal netowrks? (172.31.1.x-ASA, 10.1.1.x-IAS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 Reply 1

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ohh no no, That is going to work, anything placed from the ASA firewall itself will work cuz it does not have anything that would limit the Control plane.

Now, would you care to share the packet tracer (without the detail command please), remove the addresses and what no to see at which point does it fail?

The security level of the IAS, what is it?

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: