cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 intial setup???

Gary Lefebvre
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect my asa to my network. I am new to firewalls. I started with setting the management0/0 interface on an ip address of 192.168.1.2/24 and connected it to my router with 192.168.1.1/24. Both interfaces are on the same subnet. I tried to ping the router gateway from the asa, (ping 192.168.1.1) and I get ????? From there i setup (nameif inside) and tried the same ping and got ?????

I am trying to setup tftp so I can upgrade the IOS...

Kind regards,

Gary Lefebvre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gary,

Just check if the ports are mapped to same vlan or different vlan , it looks like it must be a problem on switch config as there is nothing much which needs to be done on firewall as it is a direct subnet.

Thanks,

Ankita

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Gary,

Could you share if you have a switch which is connecting management port of ASA to inside port of router and whether switch is allowing the communication.

Thanks,

Ankita

yes, it is a wireless router and the switch portion fa0/0 is connected to the asa management0/0

i tried both cross-over and straight though cables still no communication

Hi Gary,

Just check if the ports are mapped to same vlan or different vlan , it looks like it must be a problem on switch config as there is nothing much which needs to be done on firewall as it is a direct subnet.

Thanks,

Ankita

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card