Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 L2L tunnel problem

ramachandra.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have ASA 5510 with ISR router. ISR router is having 2 internet link from same service provider and 2 pool of ip address for 2 intenet link. One is 512 and another is 2MB link. VPN traffic is going via 2MB link aand Internet Link is having 512Kbps. VPN configuration is done at ASA 5510. Tunnel will get establish and if i try to copy around 600MB file from the remote lan through windows file share it will copy arond 200MB and after that it will get disconnect and it will give error no network path no longer available but tunnel will be up.

Please help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ram

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ram

Are you seeing any error message logs in either ASA or router ?

regds

Hi,

I am not seeing any log on ASA or Router. But on my 2mb serail link load will remain low only even though i am copying huge file. my asa version is 7.1.2

Thanks and Regards,

Ram

Hi,

I put aethereal and connected to remote server via L2L VPN,started downloading on the specfic machine ( It is windows machine). I captured the source and destination ports through ethereal. destination port is 445 it is vulnerable port. please let me know after esatblishing vpn tunnel please let me know whether asa will block 445 port. So copying will get stop after some time. Please help it is urgent.

Thanks,

Ram

Hi Ram

Can you try to block the traffic in your router which is using port 445 ?

You can do the same using ACLs for more info you can refer this link.

But do make sure that you arent running any application on the particular port...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_security_notice09186a00801aedd6.html

regds

Hi,

I gone through the complete ethereal output. I seen close reuest session for the particular vpn traffic. There i noticed that

Checksum:0xd7cb incorrect. Please let me know this may causing a problem

Regards,

Ram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: