cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 - VPN and ASDM does not work. Please help

richard.mensah
Level 1
Level 1

I had an ASA 5510 which developed power problem and could not be fixed. I then bought a 5510 BUN-k9 which is a higher version since the older equipment was obsolete. I replaced the flash with the old one since that holds my numerous configurations. I realized the VPN and ASDM are not working. Is there anything i have to do to make it work? Do i have to apply some license on the new device or do some sort of registration? I REALLY need your help.

5 Replies 5

Richard,

The Cisco ASA5510-BUN-K9 firewall is one of the Cisco ASA5510 series security appliances that is able to secure your network within operational user's means. These Cisco firewalls have been manufactured by Cisco for countless years with proven performance by network administrators all over the entire world.

The Cisco ASA5510-BUN-K9 firewall edition bundle includes 5 Fast Ethernet interfaces, 250 IPsec VPN peers, 2 Premium VPN peers, and a 3DES/AES license.

Your old Equipent is Obsolete which is not compatible with your new ASA firmware.

Thanks

Hi Maher,

Thank you so much for your response. With you response, i assume the only way out is to go through the whole configuration again. Is that right? If so, do you have a link that gives a step by step procedure to do the initial configuration that will allow me to use ASDM and VPN?

Thanks

Hi Richard,

Yes that's right.

Please read http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa91/configuration/firewall/asa_91_firewall_cli.pdf to get more information on how to confugure your new ASA.

Thank you!

Hello Maher,

Thank you very much for your help. You have been of great help. I will contact you if I need further assistance.

Stay safe

You're always Welcome!.

Best Wishes,

Maher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card