Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510-X Load Balancing Feature

lowhongni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Based on the Cisco ASA 5512 data sheet, mentioned that load balancing can be done but need to have Cisco ASA 5510 Security Plus License. Anyone can share the code item for this Security Plus License?

CISCO ASA.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With that license (per node) you can configure VPN load balancing.

Note that is is separate from configuring the ASAs as a high availability (HA) pair. If you only have 2 ASAs and they are configured as an HA pair then you cannot also do VPN load balancing.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa92/configuration/vpn/asa-vpn-cli/vpn-params.html#pgfId-1079186

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking about the ASA 5510 or ASA 5512-X. Both are end of sales but you can still purchase the Security Plus feature license for them.

The part numbers are L-ASA5510-SEC-PL= and L-ASA5512-SEC-PL= respectively.

SEC-PL licenses.PNG

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your info. Below is the list of parts that been purchased by my team:

BoM ASA.jpg

for the list of part, i can see there is  L-ASA5512-SEC-PL. Do i need to purchase again for Load Balancing purpose?

Thanks.

With that license (per node) you can configure VPN load balancing.

Note that is is separate from configuring the ASAs as a high availability (HA) pair. If you only have 2 ASAs and they are configured as an HA pair then you cannot also do VPN load balancing.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa92/configuration/vpn/asa-vpn-cli/vpn-params.html#pgfId-1079186

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card