Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5516-X with FirePower - no traffic pass

Sergio_F.S
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

In my company, we have a Fortigate Firewall and we acquired a Cisco ASA 5516-X With FirePower to substitui the Fortigate

I configured the ASA with de same conigurations of the Fortigate, but, when I changed the IP address of the Inside interface (Gi1/2) to the network IP of my local network, the Firepower is no longer displayed in the settings menu of the ASDM, according to the attached image. And the access to Internet and others services outside network do not works.

I tryed several things and nothing works. When the ASA is with default network inside (192.168.1.x/24) it works very well. I already to change the IP of management interface 1/1 to the same network and VLAN of the inset interface Gi 1/2, but it is not worked.

Somebody have a tip?

2 Replies 2

vrostowsky
Level 5
Level 5
did you set up PAT for your Internet access (NAT) on the outside interface, and do you have the default route?

vrostowsky
Level 5
Level 5
The firepower must also be on the same network segment as the inside interface of the ASA.

HTH-

Vince
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: