cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525-X I found firewall reboot by itself every 52 days.

alongkot186
Level 1
Level 1

I found firewall reboot by itself every 52 days.

My device firmware version asa942-11-smp-k8.bin.I found ASA5525-X reboot by itself every 52 days.

Anyone who same that issue?
Somebody could you please advice me.

Thank you in advance

10 Replies 10

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've not seen it and that's a pretty recent and stable release of ASA software.

Usually a reboot/crash of an ASA produces a crashdump or traceback file that you can share with the TAC. I'd recommend opening a case to see if they can help.

If that's not possible, you might want to check out the free Cisco cli analyzer tool.

Thank you very much Marvin.

but device not generate crashdump output .

------------------ show crashinfo ------------------

Saved crash: 07:00:00.000 TH Thu Jan 1 1970

and traceback where to fine it.

Thank you in advance

You're welcome.

crashinfo and traceback are synonyms.

The cli analyzer is still worth a try to see if anything else turns up: https://cway.cisco.com/go/sa/

Other than that, I'd go with a TAC case.

Thank you very much Marvin.

I use Cisco CLI Analyzer tool but not any issue report.

Yes - that all looks pretty clean. Your ACL element count is a bit high for a 5525 but should be OK.

I'd proceed with a TAC case.

Thank you very much.

mark.carrio
Level 1
Level 1

We have been dealing with this issue for months now. We have two HA pairs in production and 1 single lab unit. All of them reboot in a 6 week time frame. We did not start seeing this issue until we upgraded to a 9.6.x code. We have tried 9.6.3 and 9.6.4 with no resolution. I have been told by TAC since the unit also does not produce a core dump file there is nothing for them to look at. One suggestion has been to RMA the units. But, who's to say I don't have the same issue with replacements, since they are not new units.

We are going to next code on lab unit. "Throwing darts" at this point.....

I really don't buy this. There's no HW that resets / reloads at a specific time. You have a joker around you for sure.

Download running-config and search through it, maybe there's an EEM script. The moment the appliance reboots do you have graphs and logs carefully read?

Seriously.............

We have seen this before in the past with Cisco, F5 and other products. Cisco is aware of the issue. There are other clients with cases open on this same issue. I can assure you there are NO EMM scripts running. The lab unit is a very basic config. We have controlled environments with multiple authentications to get to those environments. We monitor various aspects of the environments. The other problem is nothing is presented in logs or core dumps to indicate the cause of the issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card