Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525-X not translating

Dears, good afternoon.

I come throw this forum in order to ask for help with a problem.

Here in my work I am replacing an ASA 5510 with an ASA 5525-x.

ASA 5510, OS 8.0(4) and ASDM 6.1(3)
ASA 5525-X, OS 9.4(4) and ASDM 7.2(1)

I did all the necessery migration with the Operation System because of the change in OS version 8.2.

So, my private network passes throw the firewall translated, and it is positioned at the border. The problem is that I am not getting succedded getting into the Internet with my public IP, I get on Internet with my private IP.

To make myself clear, when I remove the NAT (Static or dynamic (PAT)) I get into the other side with my private IP and when I put NAT it does not see the public one.

Please, can somebody give a help, tip ???

In the picture I show my infra in short because I cannot expose it. The notebook is pretending to be my Internet.

Thanks for help

2 Replies 2

vrostowsky
Level 5
Level 5

you look like you are trying to NAT to 200.0.0.2 correct?

you could just use the existing "ANY " object if you want to NAT all outbound traffic.  If you want to be more controlled, you can create the object-group for the subnet you want to NAT and then add the NAT(ingress, egress) dynamic interface

(the (IN,OUT) statement are dependent on your interface "nameif" names

object network ANY
subnet 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

object network ANY

nat (INSIDE,OUTSIDE) dynamic interface

HTH

Vince

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post your configuration, how your NAT configured ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: