Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5545-X IOS upgrade

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Friends

I have ASA 5545-X  firewall in my environment. The current IOS is 9.1(2) and ASDM 7.1(3). I want to upgrade to latest IOS of 9.6.2 and ASDM of 7.6.2.150.

Please advise how can I upgrade to the latest one? When I google it there are options from 9.1(2) to 9.1(6) and confusing me.

If the ASA can be upgrade to 9.6, Do I have to reconfigure the device or save configuration can work with new IOS?

Thanks and Regards,

Shahul Hameed.

3 Replies 3

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

You can directly upgrade from 9.1(2) to 9.6.(2). To upgrade ASA and ASDM just copy the new images onto your device using via cli / asdm, change the boot variable, save configuration and reload.

Use the upgrade guide for detailed instructions. If you have any questions about the procedure let me know.

I have upgraded the IOS and ASDM. During upgrade I faced two issues. VPN and ASDM were not working. The issues were resolved with TAC engineers help.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issues that occurred during the update!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: