Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5580-20 9.1.7 Lockedout

jchavesd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community. 

Today I experienced the weirdest thing I've ever had. From the beginning I must say that I cannot past any Config as I am unable to acces in the ASA. yes. you read it right. After I upgraded my 5580-20 from 6.3.3 to 9.1.7 my Mgmt port is not longer accesible not my console port. For some reason if I put a console cable to my laptop (already changed laptops and cables) I cant see anything in the ASA. 

Any help to get this sorted will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Jose Chaves

3 Replies 3

Very strange indeed. 

Do you use a usb-to-serial adapter. 9600 baud and so on ?

Please rate as helpful, if that would be the case. Thanx

Yeah, I've tested every single speed with the console cable, checked the instalation guide from Cisco and followed the instructions to console and still nothing.

I dont think changing asa image would cause this at all. 

The box would boot and give access through the console cable regardless of this. 

I presume you have checked your serial connection with other devices, if so, the only reason i can think of is that the unit isn't booting at all. 

I have replaced faulty RAM on ASA's but even then the box gives console access and screen display. 

Does it seem like the box is booting normally ? I presume you had configuration on it and used it for something ? Does LAN ports give light when you plug something in ?

Please rate as helpful, if that would be the case. Thanx
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card