Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X with SSP-CX20

josecsoto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have recently adquired an ASA 5585-X SSP20 with a CX20 module. I have configure the management interface for both (ASA and module) but if i try to access the module from the ASA i got:  "Card in slot 1 did not respond to session request". Also i have noted that the module has not software details (please see file attached), is this behaviour normal or  i am missing something to initialize the module?

My understanding is that the modules interfaces extend the ASA interface once installed, but i can just see the interfaces on the ASA itself (8 x Gib + 2 x TenGig)  Should i be able to use the other 8 Gib and 2 TenGig interface on the module? whould i be able to use 4x TenGib interfaces or just 2?

Thanks so much in advanced for your comments and help,

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to upgrade your ASA to version 8.4 to have support for the CX-SSP-20 module.

Cisco ASA 5585-X SSP-10 and SSP-20 firewalls require Cisco ASA Software Release 8.4.4 and later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/data_sheet_c78-701659.html

--

Please rate all helpful posts

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Please issue the following command and test to see if the problem is resolved:

hw-module module 1 recover

--

--

Hello Marius,

Thanks for your reply.  I do not have that command available, i just have the reset option:

ciscoasa5585(config)# hw-module module 1 ?

exec mode commands/options:

reset  Reset the module

I did reset it this morning, but i got no changes. Why those commands are not available is it because of the ASA software version.

Thanks for your reply

It could be of the ASA version.

What ASA version are you running?  Are you running multiple context mode?

--

The device is running in single mode.  Software version:

ciscoasa5585# show ver

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(5)

Device Manager Version 6.4(5)

Compiled on Fri 20-May-11 17:32 by builders

System image file is "disk0:/asa825-smp-k8.bin"

Config file at boot was "startup-config"

Thanks for your help Marius.

You need to upgrade your ASA to version 8.4 to have support for the CX-SSP-20 module.

Cisco ASA 5585-X SSP-10 and SSP-20 firewalls require Cisco ASA Software Release 8.4.4 and later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/data_sheet_c78-701659.html

--

--

Thanks Marius!

It took me few time to be able to try to update and so, but finally did it and it looks much better now. Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

JC

Glad I could help :)

Thank you for rating!

--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: