cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.4 and proxy-arp for static with service

r.spiandorello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I know there's the bug CSCti38867, but today I've verified that ASA 8.4(2) does proxy-arp on outside interface for static like that:

static (inside,outside) static private_ip public_ip

but not for static like that:

static (inside,outside) static private_ip public_ip service tcp-ftp tcp-ftp

is that a know bug ?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ASA should proxy ARP for port forwarding as well.

Now, as the bug says, it is on release pending and it says, asa MAY fail to proxy ARP, so the fact that it works for some IPs or in other ASAs can be an option.

In order to identify if it is because of this same bug, you will need to setup a capture type ether-type arp and check on the ARP request from the upstream router and check if the FW is getting it, if it does but it does not answer, then it is because of this same bug.

Mike

Mike

OK, I'll verify with the capture type ether-type arp, anyway can I solve the issue with the arp command with alias option ?

Thinking to update the ASA version, I've found an 8.4(2)-8 interim but I cannot find the 8.5 ...

Renato

Nope,

The way to temporally solve it until the bugs throws out a version that will fix this problem will be putting an static ARP entry on the upstream router.

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: